Optim Memory is a dietary supplement based on Bacopa monnieri (Bacognize®) and optimised curcumin (Longvida®).
These two ingredients, which come from Ayurvedic medicine:
– play a part in improving concentration, attention, and memory
– help to both maintain a clear mind and improve mental energy.
Bacopa is an adaptogenic plant that naturally helps to improve cognitive capacities, particularly attention, concentration and active memory.
The Bacopa extract used in the Optim Memory formulation has been validated by two clinical trials carried out on student volunteers and persons aged 50 or over.
Bacosides, the main active components of Bacopa, have a positive effect on neurotransmitters. In particular, they increase:
– the level of serotonin, which is involved in the process of memorisation.
– the level of acetylcholine, the main neurotransmitter responsible for memory and learning
– and the level of γ-aminobutyric acid (GABA), which plays an important role in preventing prolonged excitation of the neurons in adults.
The curcumin used in Optim Memory was developed by a group of scientists at the University of California, Los Angeles. Clinical studies have demonstrated that Longvida’s formulation increases the bioavailability of curcumin in its active (free) form, a form which is able to pass through the blood-brain barrier.
A study carried out by Swinburne University demonstrated that Longvida curcumin significantly improves working memory and reduces mental fatigue.
Optim Memory is a dietary supplement containing 90 capsules. References: Cox et al (2014); Kumar (2016); Goswami (2011)
Take 1 capsule a day preferably before a meal with a glass of water.
Initial treatment: take 2 capsules a day during the first 2 weeks.
– 200 mg Longvida® preparation (Curcuma Longa L. extract from India containing 40mg of curcumin, anti-caking: stearic acid, carrier: maltodextrin, emulsifier: sunflower lecithin, antioxidant: ascorbyl palmitate, anti-caking: silica)
– Whole plant extract of Bacopa Monnieri L. (Bacognize® – 150mg)
Nutritional Values per 100g : Carbohydrates: 50g – Lipids: 27g – Proteins: 1g
Energy Value per 100g: 428 Kcal/1791 KJ or 2.0 Kcal par capsule.
Optim Memory has a shelf life of 3 years after the date of production. Net Weight 51g – 90 capsules; Notification Number (Belgium) PL:2708/3
Optim Memory is a food supplement that has demonstrated good tolerance up to the equivalent of 10 capsules per day.
There are however a few precautions you might take.
As relevant data on its use during pregnancy and lactation is lacking, Curcuma longa can not be recommended in these cases.
Because curcumin was found to stimulate the gall bladder, the use of curcumin or turmeric is contraindicated in a person with obstruction of the biliary tract (WHO Monograph).
Consult your doctor or pharmacist in case of concomitant use of anticoagulants.
It is advisable to follow the recommended doses, and have a diverse and balanced diet as well as a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of reach of children. Keep in a dry place.